January 21, 1906 - To
Introduce a Bill for Riverside Park
From: "Newark, the City of Industry" Published by the Newark Board of Trade 1912
Not far from East Side Park is Riverbank Park. This property was acquired in response to a demand from citizens in that section of the city, and in obedience to an act of the legislature in 1906, which was subsequently endorsed by the voters of the county. This tract contains 5.75 acres. Its development has not yet been completed, but in a general way it will conform to the plan of East Side Park with the play ground feature elaborated.
|Copyright 1998 - 2021 Glenn G. Geisheimer|